Our Island Retreat
The Club was originally organized as the Hudson Park Yacht Club in 1910 with an onshore presence. In 1914 the club leased Echo Island from Edward M. Schaefer of Schaefer Beer fame. The island was purchased from the Schaefer family in 1923. In 1929, the name was changed to Echo Bay Yacht Club.
The stone house was built in the mid to late 1800's, and was utilized as the original clubhouse. The building today functions as the Solarium and is used for events and rentals, it has a 180 degree view of Long Island Sound and a covered wrap around porch.
The Pavilion was built in 1926 and serves as the main club house and has hosted many large events over the years.
The island has weathered many storms over the years and continues to reinvent itself.